Catholic Health Initiatives Hospice Volunteer Coordinator in Des Moines, Iowa
Make a difference with us at CHI Mercy Hospice in Des Moines, IA!
CHI Mercy Health at Home is the employer of choice!
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible to plan, implement, and maintain a volunteer and
bereavement program to meet the needs of patients, families/caregivers. May interact directly with persons in
the age categories of neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports CHI Health at Home’s mission, values, strategic goals and high standards of customer service.
Consistently lives People First behaviors.
- Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program, including confidentiality HIPAA protected health
- Coordinates the recruitment, training, evaluation, and retention of volunteers. Updates volunteer curriculum
on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates and provides indirect supervision to volunteers needed for patient needs, office help and
- Responsible for accurately reporting monthly volunteer hours, obtaining volunteer documentation and
Maintains a communication tool for volunteers to stay involved and current of hospice happenings.
Coordinates the assessment and delivery of grief counseling needs and services (one-to-one, groups, and
ongoing follow-up) in the bereavement program by utilizing professional staff and volunteers as appropriate
to ensure timely and appropriate services are provided to family/caregivers.
Coordinates the bereavement mailings.
Plans, implements and coordinates bereavement group events (memorial services, education sessions,
monthly support groups, men’s group, etc.)
- Develops educational programs and materials for patients/families, staff and the community on loss, grief
and coping with bereavement.
- Functions independently, but seeks and accepts guidance from other members of the interdisciplinary
group, or from members of the community.
- Participates in hospice activities such as IDT meetings, in-service education, department meetings, and
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) Program Coordination; including assisting with the overall
development and implementation of the PI plan, assisting in the identification of goals and related patient
outcomes, participation and reporting of activities and outcomes, development and implementation of
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree required in healthcare, human services or related education. Experience may be
- Two years in human services, preferably having volunteer or volunteer coordination experience, experience
with death / dying issues.
Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
Knowledgeable in using Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
Supervisory experience desirable.
Compliant with appropriate state certification/registration and CHI Health at Home requirements as
Why Should You Join Our Team?
Flexible Work Schedule
Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Time
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Life and Accidental Death Insurance
Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending or Healthcare Savings Accounts
401K Retirement Plan
CHI Mercy Hospice is a company within CHI Health at Home, a home based health services organization. CHI Health at Home serves as the national home care provider for Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health system. Catholic Health Initiatives provides care in 18 states and comprises 93 hospitals, including four academic medical centers and teaching hospitals; 24 critical-access facilities; community health services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; and other facilities that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care. CHI Health at Home is proud to be accredited by The ACHC, which assures the highest standard of quality care and patient safety.
It will be the policy of CHI Health at Home, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about our position, please contact Doreen at email@example.com
Contact Company: Mercy Hospice - Des Moines
Location: US-IA, Des Moines